Friday, February 19, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

I don't know if I am insanely easy to please or if I really do live in one of the most beautiful places on earth...but this view every morning when we're eating breakfast makes me happy! Yesterday we actually saw the sun for the first time in a week or so and it was just lovely reflecting off the snow.


After watching Holly frolick in the snow on the deck, Lyla wolfed down her breakfast and demanded (there might have been a "kweeeeze" or two in there) to do the same...



I thought it was going to be a case of 10 minutes to get the snow suit on for 5 minutes of play but she stayed out there forever playing with her spade and a couple of bowls. At one point she dumped a spadeful of snow on Holly's back...I don't know why people say cats only have one expression, I couldn't manage to get a picture of the look of murderous rage in Holly's eyes.



Obviously, I was out there too, engaging her in creative and stimulating play...


And then I peed in a bowl of snow....




Aside from the fun frolicking in the snow, we seem to have taken a couple of developmental steps backwards in the past few days, she's waking up more at night and after mentally checking off potty-training (pottty-training...done!) she's had a couple of "mama, I just peed"s. Sleep and potty = connected? I'd forgotten how critical the sleep is for both of us, we're just much nicer people after a good night sleep, without it, her grumpiness feeds mine, or maybe the other way around. Anyway, I think it's time to slow down, throw a chicken in the oven, cuddle up with a ton of books and maybe a cup of tea and a cake...oh the felt food madness has to stop!


No comments:

Post a Comment