Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jumper!

I have somehow managed to take a couple of balls of wool and fashion it into a jumper-like object. It was so much more fun than I thought it would be...especially at this stage...

It seemed very boring just going round and round and I really wanted the fun stuff to start. I couldn't quite grasp how this was enjoyable, it just seemed very repetitive and a bit annoying really. Then I started the sleeves...


I didn't even know what a double-pointed needle was a couple of weeks ago and now I was using 5 of them to do something that didn't even look like knitting. I was following DW's excellent instructions and some point she says...if you have metal dpns, this might be tricky. Yup, I unravelled the first sleeve 6 times before I finally got it.



Anyway...this is the finished product...




She's all pouty because she wants to play with "the shiny, red camera", no way kid, that's my shiny new red camera...Happy Birthday me, thank you Quinn! Anyway, it looks better than I thought it would. After I figured out that I'd used the wrong wool I was pretty sure it would be unwearable and it is a bit baggy as well as being short in the sleeves and the body but I think it looks pretty cute on her. I still can't work out what I did wrong but somehow the neck placket bit is way off centre...I even stopped decreasing on one side for a bit to see if I could get it more centred...Quinn reckons it looks cool that way...that's why I love him. And I'm totally hooked, I made material from wool (yup, that's what knitting is). My hands feel like something's missing, I want to start something else right away. I really want this...demonstrating my enduring love affair with granny cardies...this might have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment