Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summertime and the living is...

carefree, serene, pleasant...easy.

I could live in Michigan forever for the summers alone. Winter here is harsh and brittle. Black ice covered roads, dirty slush piling up everywhere, giant icicles hanging precariously from buildings, people with grey, pinched faces. But the summers...this is why people live here. And the fact that you've been through the winter and know that another one will be coming around soon enough just forces you to make the most out of every day. So here are a few things I love about Michigan summers...

the hammock

the fruit (dear god, the fruit)




the beach

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so happy! I love seeing you all so happy! What a beautiful little girl! Love ya! Val from Arkansas (ahhh remember me?)

    ReplyDelete